Discount GoPass® Tap Card
AT A GLANCE
- The new discount fare program provides half-price fares to participants in any of the qualifying assistance programs.
- DART partnered with social service agencies to reach lower-income riders.
- The pilot program expires Dec. 31, 2021.
DART's new Discount GoPass Tap card brings affordable transportation to those who require financial support services. Participants from any of the approved assistance programs automatically qualify for reduced fares. This two-year pilot program began in January.
With the reloadable Discount GoPass Tap card, customers pay half price for DART fares. As with all GoPass Tap cards, riders enjoy fare capping, balance protection and best fare. The card also serves as a reduced fare photo ID for customers buying regional passes.
To increase awareness, DART partnered with social service agencies and other organizations that work with lower-income individuals. Participants apply for a card at DARTmart in DART Headquarters. Since DARTmart is closed during the coronavirus pandemic, qualified applicants can call DART Customer Service to have a temporary discount applied to a registered, standard GoPass Tap card.
In early 2022, the DART Board will review the results of the pilot program to determine whether to make this discount part of the agency's fare structure.
DISCOUNT GOPASS TAP AGENCIES >>
Participants in these approved assistance programs automatically qualify for the Discount GoPass Tap card:
- Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program (CEAP)
- DHA Housing Solutions for North Texas
- Housing Choice Vouchers (Section 8) or Public Housing Program
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Texas Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)