Media Relations Contact:
Mark A. Ball
March 27, 2020
DART Temporarily Closing Transit Center Waiting Areas to Enforce Social Distancing
To ensure the health and safety of customers and employees, Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) is temporarily closing the indoor waiting areas at all transit center locations in response to the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus).
Beginning Friday, March 27 at 5:00 p.m., all transit center waiting areas will be closed, but DART riders can continue to use the outdoor areas for boarding buses and light rail vehicles. On DART buses with rear doors, customers will also be required to board the vehicle through the rear access.
All Station Concierge personnel have been reassigned to monitor and amplify customer service initiatives and augment DART's enhanced cleaning protocols on all bus and light rail vehicles.
Passengers are urged to practice social distancing while waiting to board DART vehicles and while on all buses and trains. That means maintaining a six-foot distance between fellow riders and your DART operator.
The impacted DART transit centers include:
DART Customer Service is available seven days a week for routes, schedules, trip planning assistance and any other DART questions. Customers can reach the Customer Information Center at 214-979-1111.
- Addison Transit Center (Addison),
- Arapaho Center Station (Richardson),
- Bernal/Singleton Transfer Location (Dallas) ,
- Central Business District (CBD) East Transfer Center (Dallas),
- Central Business District (CBD) West Transfer Center (Dallas),
- Cockrell Hill Transfer Location (Cockrell Hill),
- Downtown Garland Station (Garland),
- Downtown Irving/Heritage Crossing Station (Irving),
- EBJ Union Station (Dallas),
- Hampton Station (Dallas),
- Illinois Station (Dallas),
- J.B. Jackson, Jr. Transit Center (Dallas),
- Jack Hatchell Transit Center (Plano),
- Lake June Station (Dallas),
- Lake Ray Hubbard Transit Center (Garland),
- Ledbetter Station (Dallas),
- Parker Road Station (Plano),
- Red Bird Transit Center (Dallas),
- South Garland Transit Center (Garland),
- Westmoreland Station (Dallas).
The safety of our customers and employees is our top priority during this challenging time. Learn more on how DART is responding to the coronavirus pandemic at DART.org/health.
-- 30 --