Media Relations Contact:
Mark A. Ball
December 19, 2011
DART and TRE set plans for New Year's
Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) and the Trinity Railway Express (TRE) are making service adjustments for the New Year's holiday:
Saturday, December 31
Sunday, January 1
- Buses will follow a regular Saturday schedule.
- TRE will follow a regular Saturday schedule, but will have extra trains leaving 20 minutes after the Big D NYE fireworks at Victory Station.
- DART Rail will operate a regular Saturday schedule until 7 p.m. when trains will run every 15 minutes on all lines. This will continue until 12 midnight. Trains will then operate every 30 minutes until 2 a.m.
Monday, January 2
- DART - Buses and light rail will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- TRE - No service.
- Paratransit - Sunday schedule
- DART administrative offices are closed.
- DART - Buses and light rail will operate on a Saturday schedule.
- DART Rail will provide extra service for the Ticket City Bowl. Extra trips will be added on Red Line (transfer to Green Line at Pearl Station). The Green Line will add capacity by operating a special circulator through downtown to Fair Park Station.
- TRE - A modified Saturday schedule.
- HOV - The high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes on I-30 (East R.L. Thornton), on I-30 West (Tom Landry Freeway), the reversible S-ramp at the southern end of the I-35E (Stemmons) HOV lane, the direct connector ramp between the US 75 and I-635 HOV lanes, and the section of the I-35E/US 67 (South R. L. Thornton/Marvin D. Love) HOV lanes from downtown Dallas to Loop 12 will all be closed. The remaining portion of the I-35 (Stemmons) HOV lanes, the I-635 (LBJ) HOV lanes, the US 75 (Central Expressway) HOV lanes, and the I-35E/US 67 HOV lanes from Loop 12 to Camp Wisdom Road will be open 24 hours a day as usual.
- Paratransit - Regular subscription trips will be canceled. Customers needing service for Monday, Jan. 2, are encouraged to begin calling Thursday, Dec. 29. The Paratransit Scheduling Center will also be closed. However, next day scheduling will be accepted using our voicemail booking system and DART's automated booking feature, X-Press Booking. To speak with a staff person, customers may begin calling Thursday, Dec. 29, to schedule service through Tuesday, Jan. 3. Customers should call 214-515-7272 and choose Option 3 to schedule their trip.
DART's Customer Information Center will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. Customers needing schedule information can call 214-979-1111. DART route and schedule information is also available on www.DART.org and TRE information is at www.TrinityRailwayExpress.org.
-- 30 --