DART Rider Alerts
Effective Date: 6/18/2021
DART Coronavirus UpdateDART remains committed to doing everything possible to keep our patrons and employees safe. DART encourages passengers who feel sick or are experiencing symptoms to stay home and avoid public places.
June 18, 2021: Face Masks Still Required Onboard DART Vehicles; Recommended in Outdoor Areas
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has recently revised its face mask policy, allowing public transit passengers to forego masks in outdoor areas. The face mask requirement for all transportation networks, including public transportation, remains in effect while onboard or indoors through September 13, 2021.
DART will continue to require a CDC approved face mask be worn over the mouth and nose by passengers and operators at all times while on DART vehicles including buses, trains and paratransit vehicles, Trinity Railway Express trains, in buildings and onboard the Dallas Streetcar.
Refusing to wear a mask, unless exempted or excluded under the CDC guidelines, is a violation of federal law and failure to comply will result in denial of boarding or removal, and passengers may be subject to federal penalties.
Face masks and hand sanitizer dispensers are installed on all buses, light rail vehicles and Dallas streetcars and available to all passengers.
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using an approved cleaning spray or wipe
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
Click here to view more info.
Featured Rider Alerts:
- DART Riders Invited to Comment on New Bus Network During the
Scheduled June 22 DART Board Meeting (Posted on Jun 17 at 7:20 AM)
- DART Coronavirus Update (Posted yesterday at 12:20 PM)
Current Rider Alerts:
- Current Route Detours (Effective for routes 2, 11, 12, 24, 35, 52, 59, 81/82, 110, 111, 161, 415, 426, 467, 501, 538, 547, 582, 593, 706 (Parkland Shuttle), 749 (Stemmons-Design District Service)
Other Customer Information:
- DART Parking Information
- Downtown Bus Routes Providing Service to DART Rail Stations
- DART Severe Winter Weather Operating Plans
- DART Rail and TRE Service to American Airlines Center
DART Rail Construction Alerts